Re: compiling gnunet 0.16.3 on openbsd

From: Nikita Ronja Gillmann
Subject: Re: compiling gnunet 0.16.3 on openbsd
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 12:02:49 +0200

On 4/1/22 11:50, Mikhail wrote:
On Fri, Apr 01, 2022 at 11:22:22AM +0200, Nikita Ronja Gillmann wrote:
Mikhail transcribed 77K bytes:
On Fri, Apr 01, 2022 at 07:37:49AM +0000, Schanzenbach, Martin wrote:
Yes. The IP DHT underlay implementation is simply not portable.
I just commited a fix to not built it for openbsd.
Thank you for fixing the issues! Build is successful, full log is
inlined - I got some warnings, maybe they will be interesting to the
developers.
The iptables/ip6tables/ip binary tests are just that, warnings.
There's an unresolved bug which means that one helper binary won't work on the
*BSDs.
I've recently picked this back up and as a solution I am translating
the invocations, which takes some time. As I'm a NetBSD dev it might
not work fully on OpenBSD, but I try to keep this portable (ipf/ipfw/route in
mind).
I wasn't clear - I meant compilation warnings, and this strange one:
That one can be ignored I think - something about texinfo version supporting this or not and how, if I remember correctly. Even with the warning the manual should display fine.

Updating ./version.texi
   MAKEINFO ./gnunet.info
./gnunet.texi:5: warning: unrecognized encoding name `UTF-8'.