gnunet-psyc multicast

From: Loki Schmidt (They/Them)
Subject: gnunet-psyc multicast
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 11:55:02 +0200

On 24.01.22 16:22, carlo von lynX wrote:
On Sun, Jan 23, 2022 at 09:03:36AM +0100, Tobias Platen wrote:
I had a quick look at the gnunet psycstore, which is part of the
musticast implementation. ASSIGN is already implemented,
Thank you for taking a look. Oh yes, I find it should really
be called musticast rather than multicast..  ;)

Hello you all,

https://git.gnunet.org/bibliography.git/plain/docs/gnunet-psyc.pdf

I have always been curious about the multicast implementation of PSYC, does it run on top of CADET or is it a parallel service or is it intended to extend the unicast functionality of CADET, by multicast functionalities.

I have always asked myself it is possible to make CADET have multicast functionalities as this would be useful in many applications but been unsure if it would be technically possible. As running a further network on top of CADET, like currently being done with the messenger by TheJackiMonster, sounds wasteful in resources.

Just a newbie question from a GNUnet lurker.

Cheers,

Loki.