Re: gnunet-config and build informations (bug #5708)

From: Schanzenbach, Martin
Subject: Re: gnunet-config and build informations (bug #5708)
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2021 17:45:32 +0000

IDK this does not sound like a good feature to me.
I understand that it is possible, but it does not really make sense.

Any application/project using gnunet(util) should provide its own *-config.
Having gnunet-config be able to dynamically load different configurations is
asking for trouble.

I would rather have taler provide its own binary and functionality. After all,
it does have its own sources.
It also may have its own requirements for the -config tool at which point not
only do we possibly have a very oddly behaving gnunet-config
as it depends on the LD_PRELOAD, but taler also cannot really add
taler-specific flags to it.

BR