Re: FS's anonimity levels in other applications

From: Alessio Vanni
Subject: Re: FS's anonimity levels in other applications
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2020 15:37:26 +0200

Christian Grothoff <grothoff@gnunet.org> writes:

> I don't see how the anonymity level of FS can possibly be
> abstracted/used in other services. The anonymity level tries to capture
> the available cover traffic, and only traffic that is basically
> "indistinguishable" in terms of the origin should count. As (for
> example) CADET messages identify the origin, they cannot reasonably use
> that notion.

That's what I wanted to know.

I was thinking about something along the lines of having multiple egos
and wanting to "hide" the activity of each ego, to avoid associating
each of them with the same peer.  I thought the anonimity mechanism used
by FS could help, but I only know about it at a very high level, so I
don't know all the implications.

Thank you for clarifying,
A.V.