Re: FS's anonimity levels in other applications

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: FS's anonimity levels in other applications
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2020 09:48:56 +0200

Hi Alessio,

I don't see how the anonymity level of FS can possibly be
abstracted/used in other services. The anonymity level tries to capture
the available cover traffic, and only traffic that is basically
"indistinguishable" in terms of the origin should count. As (for
example) CADET messages identify the origin, they cannot reasonably use
that notion.

We do want to eventually build an onion-routing/anonymization layer with
CADET-like semantics, but that work has not yet started in earnest --
and I think we really ought to get out the bugs in the existing code
before starting bigger new developments.

my 2 cents

Christian