Encrypting to a public key?

From: Cy
Subject: Encrypting to a public key?
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2020 18:28:10 +0000

How do I encrypt something to a public key? I was going to make an "Ecdsa" key
and
encrypt stuff to that, but it says to only use those for signatures, never for
encryption.
I've never heard of an asymmetric encryption algorithm that was only good for
signatures,
but I guess that's the case here? There is something called "paillier" that
says it can
encrypt, but there's no documentation on it outside of the word "paillier" and
I've never
heard of that algorithm before. It also requires I know something called "the
number of
homomorphic ops" and I have no clue what those are.