Re: New front matter

From: Schanzenbach, Martin
Subject: Re: New front matter
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2020 19:18:42 +0200

> On 3. Jul 2020, at 18:46, Nikita Gillmann <nikita@n0.is> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> great changes, I like where this is going!
>
> A couple quick comments without knowing the discussions from the hacker
> days:
>
> - The symbols are okay but compared to current stable branch they look
> out of place with the design. Some of them feel displaced (for example
> the dove).
> Second time looking at the page in mobile and desktop resolutions it
> seems okay but the first view my thoughts were:
>
>     - why is there a twitter bird? .... Oh, it's just a blue dove (damn
> brand recognition..)

Yeah I know. I am simply using icons from the fontawesome free set.
If somebody cares to dig for any fitting alternatives int the 1000+ icons
we can change them. Of course custom icons may be eventually used if
somebody creates them.

>     - why are the symbols so huge on desktop? it looks weird.
>     - why are the buttons scaling so huge.

Adjusted a bit.

> .. It grows on you and it's an improvement, but it should be less
> irritating on first visit is what I'm getting at I think.
>
> - The layout (read the index so far) is less "dynamic" than what we used
> to have. Some of those rows can e added back together imo.

True. I actually played around with that. Did not find an appealing way to do
that though.

Thanks
BR