Re: gnu:net and IPFS: integration possible or desirable for social netwo

From: Marcos Marado
Subject: Re: gnu:net and IPFS: integration possible or desirable for social networking app development?
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 10:06:06 +0000

Hi t3sserakt,

The documentation you linked at says that we groupchat needs nim >= 0.19, but the project's README says >= 0.18...

I guess one of them should be fixed :-)

Best regards,

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020, 09:42 t3sserakt <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Brendan,

do you already know secushare.org?

We are working on a distributed private social network. Right now we have a prototype implemented in nim-lang.org.

For trying it out have look here: https://gnunet.org/en/use.html#groupchat

We could start to expose a REST API that can be used by a web interface. If you are interested in helping with such a web interface or in learning nim let me know!

Happy hacking!

t3sserakt