Re: Problems with gnunet-qr

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: Problems with gnunet-qr
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2019 10:03:24 +0100

On Tue, 2019-12-17 at 22:36 +0100, Alessio Vanni wrote:
> Christian Grothoff <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Hi Alessio,
> >
> > I've now fixed and tested gnunet-qr, so it should work now.
> >
> > Thanks for reporting!
> >
> > -Christian
>
> Yes, I pulled the fixes from the repository and tested it.
>
> The GNS URI is correctly passed to gnunet-namestore which then adds
> the
> PKEY record; however, gnunet-qr prints a message saying that adding
> the
> URI failed, despite "gnunet-namestore -D" correctly showing the
> record.

Could it be that you added it twice? PKEY records are mutually
exclusive, so if one exist, trying to create another one would cause
this type of error.

> As a side note, even if the PKEY record is added, I can't resolve any
> record created by the other identity.  Apparently the PKEY record is
> set
> to expire at UNIX time 0 meaning it will never be resolved, but I
> don't
> know who's to blame here, if it's a bug in gnunet-qr, gnunet-
> namestore,
> or even in gnunet-bcd (since the URI was created by that tool.)

Actually, a bug in the default configuration. I've changed
namestore.conf.in to set the expiration time to 1 year (1a) for now.

Happy hacking!

-Christian