Re: Problems with gnunet-qr

From: Alessio Vanni
Subject: Re: Problems with gnunet-qr
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2019 22:36:36 +0100

Christian Grothoff <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Alessio,
>
> I've now fixed and tested gnunet-qr, so it should work now.
>
> Thanks for reporting!
>
> -Christian

Yes, I pulled the fixes from the repository and tested it.

The GNS URI is correctly passed to gnunet-namestore which then adds the
PKEY record; however, gnunet-qr prints a message saying that adding the
URI failed, despite "gnunet-namestore -D" correctly showing the record.

As a side note, even if the PKEY record is added, I can't resolve any
record created by the other identity.  Apparently the PKEY record is set
to expire at UNIX time 0 meaning it will never be resolved, but I don't
know who's to blame here, if it's a bug in gnunet-qr, gnunet-namestore,
or even in gnunet-bcd (since the URI was created by that tool.)

Should I open a new bug report for this or is it something misconfigured
on my end?

Thanks,
A.V.