Re: runpath for X11 in autotools?

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: runpath for X11 in autotools?
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2019 19:48:41 +0100

Hi ng0,

None of this was required on Debian GNU/Linux before: gnunet-qr works
fine without any of your (IMO inappropriate) recent changes to
configure.ac.

You linking gnunet-qr directly against libX11 and other dependencies is
_wrong_. gnunet-qr does not directly use those other dependencies, so it
must not link against those directly. If it does not work without those
linker flags, I would investigate whether your libzbar was linked
correctly -- maybe libzbar was build badly?

Run "ldd -r $PATH_TO_LIBZBAR.so".  On a proper system, it should show
all required dependencies and no missing symbols. If it shows missing
symbols, than libzbar was linked incorrectly.

Happy hacking!

Christian