Re: [GNUnet-developers] AGPL is up to us, says RMS

From: ng0
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] AGPL is up to us, says RMS
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2017 17:48:13 +0000

carlo von lynX transcribed 0.5K bytes:
> > I support the change to AGPL3.
>
> Since no argumentation against the change has
> surfaced, I guess we can proceed.

I'm not so sure. This list is sometimes very slow, and as we know most
discussions happen in 1:1 messages rather than on the list.
I think with the knowledge that other projects and their changes depend on
this, we should have a 5 - 8 weeks deadline for replies.

Once gnunet goes AGPL3, it can not be transformed back to GPL3 due to
one of the paragraphs/numbers in the AGPL3. The other way around works
perfectly fine, at least that's how it was presented to me.
But I'm not a lawyer.

--
PGP and more: https://people.pragmatique.xyz/ng0/