Re: [GNUnet-developers] core stats & cadet/DHT use

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] core stats & cadet/DHT use
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 16:10:51 +0100

On 03/18/2015 02:14 PM, David Barksdale wrote:
>> > I'm a bit surprised at the very good FS query/result ratio, but
>> > that may be because the network is still small (NSE = ~25).
> The result numbers are probably so high because of content migration.
> Peers are sending results without any queries.

I don't think that is the case here.  Looking at the stats:

 # replies received and matched:              3855306
 # GET requests received (from other peers):  4512683

So many, many replies are *matched* against queries.
Also, content migration isn't contributing for this peer:

 # migration stop messages sent:                 3988

So the peer did notify other peers "often" to stop with
migration, and that's typically respected by correct
implementations (for a few hours, then they try again,
and are stopped again).

Naturally, depending on how you configure your peer
(migration on/off, datastore size, etc) the result
may be different.