[GNUnet-developers] Guix + GNUnet at GSoC?

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] Guix + GNUnet at GSoC?
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 22:12:16 +0100

Hello GNUnetters!

Last year we submitted that project idea entitled “Supporting binary
package distribution through GNUnet”:

  http://www.gnu.org/software/soc-projects/ideas-2014.html#guix

It’s GSoC time again, so I was pondering whether we should put it on
display again.

I actually wonder if this is a good time: there hasn’t been a release in
a while, and my (limited) understanding is that the relevant GNUnet
components may not have fully settled yet (IIRC the “MESH” layer had
landed just about the same time last year.)  If we were to propose this
idea, we would need to make sure the rough design we have in mind, and
the APIs that would be used, would still be valid and stable enough when
the student starts working on it.

WDYT?

Thanks,
Ludo’.