Re: [GNUnet-developers] Notes from yesterday's dev mumble

From: Werner Koch
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Notes from yesterday's dev mumble
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 15:18:19 +0100

On Sat, 17 Jan 2015 12:22, address@hidden said:

> Data point: Git guarantees data integrity (each commit ID is the
> commit’s hash), and commits can be signed to guarantee authenticity.
> That seems very important for a security-oriented project.

Indeed.  And no need for a central server.  However, if you want one,
use one and keep on using the small number of branches approach as you
do with SVN.  Ever tried to work with SVN on a train?  Some things works
but for others you need online access - git works always.  The only
drawback is that there is no easy way to have a central version number -
but that is not a real problem.  Having used CVS and SVN in the past for
GnuPG I only regret that I waited too long with the switch to git.

And of course you could also build an anon transport using GNUnet.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner