Re: [GNUnet-developers] Notes from yesterday's dev mumble

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Notes from yesterday's dev mumble
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 12:22:43 +0100

DocMalloc <address@hidden> skribis:

> For those who couldn't attend but are interested:

Thanks for the notes!

> - What is the audience for a release?
> People are interested in using it for filesharing, conversation, social
> networking for organized resistance, news
> grothoff: we can discuss about a release politics if there are different

FWIW I fiddled with GNUnet in 2003 (woow, I’m getting old ;-)).  At the
time, I was able to actually share files with unknown users.  I think
tinkerers don’t necessarily mind the small network; if compatibility
breaks are rare enough, the network can grow slowly but surely.

> - Transition from SVN to GIT?

Data point: Git guarantees data integrity (each commit ID is the
commit’s hash), and commits can be signed to guarantee authenticity.
That seems very important for a security-oriented project.

Ludo’.