Re: [GNUnet-developers] Using GNUnet for binary package distribution

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Using GNUnet for binary package distribution
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 15:42:56 +0100

Our current approach to package management is essentially to look at
ldd and grab all dependencies

We could imagine customizing that part for Guix since it already has
finer-grain info.

I think looking into that specifically would make sense.

gnunet-update is not yet finished, we're currently planning to revise
some internal part that gnunet-update will depend on (stream); still,
help in moving this area along would be of course welcome.

So what would you think of submitting this idea for GSoC?  It might be
more work on the GNUnet side than on the Guix side, AIUI.  Is it too
early?  Would it interfere with work being done by other people?

No, I don't think it would interfere. Matthias and Bart will generally
be happy to mentor GSoC hacking this year, and I suspect Sree Harsha
wouldn't mind giving advice either, so mentoring should not be an issue.

Happy hacking!