[GNUnet-developers] Gnunet Web UI

From: SMoratinos
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] Gnunet Web UI
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 20:32:33 +0100

Hello,

I'm creating a new User Interface for my Gnunet server, a web user interface.

My Gnunet Node is running on a linux server with no X-server.
So a webUI is more user friendly than the shell command.

Right now, it's for my needs, but maybe are you interested in a webui ?
Before publishing something, I wanted your opinion.

This is some expected features :

* Web User Interface :
    - Standard client technologies HTML5 + CSS3 + Javascript.
- Responsive web design, from desktop computer monitors to mobile phones

* Server Logic :
    - Java language

* Multi-User :
    - Access control, authorization, authentification

* Control Gnunet (via shell command) :
    - start stop arm and other service

* Read statistics (via gnunet-java) :
    - graphic, real time (websocket)

* File-Sharing (via shell because gnunet-java don't have fs) :
    - search, download, publish

* Administration :
    - modify configuration files

* External API :
    - REST, JSON + XML

* MultiPlatform/ MultiLanguage :
    - all platform, datastore, languages than Gnunet support,
       but at the beginning at least debian/postgresql/english.

I would share my project via Github on the beginning
 (because it's easy for me), but later I can change, naturally.

I planned to share my project (licence GPL like Gnunet),
 can I use the name GnunetWebUI ?

What do you think about this project ?