Re: [GNUnet-developers] Approximate Searches

From: leo stone
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Approximate Searches
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 10:05:41 +0200

There are two considerations.
How many typos are likely and how is the local filtering done.

If the local result filtering is not relaxed about typos of the sort "Woh" than it would make no sense at all
to sort the consonants since non matching results would get filtered out anyway.

If the local filtering can handle those typos it's still a question of COST vs. GAIN, and this decision will be left to your guts.
One should consider though that most of the typos will probably happen during search input rather
than when inserting a file. And I must say, if a program is smart enough to handle my search typos
I am likely to be very pleased. You have a much better idea about the impact on the net so I can't
really say anything about that.

regards leo

ps: I am wondering if you have an opinion about the matters that i am trying to talk about in the forum.