Re: [GNUnet-developers] Economic System

From: leo stone
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Economic System
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 18:42:58 +0200

Oh,

>> how will the new node ever get a chance to serve any request, and so be
>> able to build up trust???
>> and if it's actually possible how long will it take node E to become
>> competitive? Will node E not give up before that?

> E does not have to be "competitive" unless A/B/C are actually exhausting
> available resources at D at the same time.

here I meant in the sense that D will direct requests with the same chances to E than to the other
longer existing nodes.

But since trust is not used for routing this is irrelevant.

Basically a node uses trust only to decide if it "opens the letter", in the case it is to busy to open all.
For how it acts upon an opened letter trust doesn't play a role anymore.
Is that correct?