Re: [GNUnet-developers] Re: [Help-gnunet] GNUnet 0.8.0c released

From: Milan Bouchet-Valat
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Re: [Help-gnunet] GNUnet 0.8.0c released
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 09:10:33 +0100

Le lundi 09 mars 2009 à 21:39 -0600, Christian Grothoff a écrit :
> I'd say yes.  There are two other reports about internationalized characters
> causing problems with various GNUnet-apps on W32 -- maybe a general plibc
> problem with certain character sets.  It would probably be good if you could
> describe a way how Nils could go about reproducing the problem (which I
> suspect doesn't happen with German -- maybe a multi-byte character issue!?).
Could be, in UTF-8, í is represented using two bytes, 0xC3 0xAD, so that
may be the problem here. But it could also be a more general problem
that UTf-8 strings are considered as locale-encoded ones: í uses 221 as
decimal representation, which is the code for Ý in ISO 8859-2 (Latin 2)
or in Windows codepage 1250.

So I'd say there's a missing transcoding somewhere...