Re: [GNUnet-developers] GNUnet SVN HEAD FTBS?

From: Milan
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] GNUnet SVN HEAD FTBS?
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 17:16:58 +0100

Nils Durner wrote:
> Sorry we didn't announce this earlier - see
> http://gnunet.org/drupal/node/307
OK, no problem with that, and I'm happy nice improvements are ongoing.
I'll wait until everything is finished - could you just post an email or
a message on drupal?

Talking about search results, I've been wondering for a while whether
there wasn't a problem with the current way they are managed. After
being connected continuously for a few hours and having (I guess) quite
a good trust from other peers, I still get very few results for common
queries (application/gnunet-directory, audio/mpeg, application/ogg,
video/x-msvideo, image/jpeg and so on), even when I'm connected to about
8 peers. I can remember there were more results at 0.7.0 times. Now,
apart from mine, I only see about 10 results per query.

Could it be that the algorithm handling queries and results is too
restrictive? I remember debates  before 0.7 about avoiding "false"
results that did not correspond to available files anymore: is it
possible that the fix has gone too far?

- just a muzzy concern...