[GNUnet-developers] gnunet-setup (was: gnunet with embedded mysql?)

From: N. Durner
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] gnunet-setup (was: gnunet with embedded mysql?)
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 00:39:50 +0100

Hi,

What is the status of gnunet-setup?

I haven't worked on it for some time, but it is still on my todo list.

I noticed that it is essentially
the linux kernel configurator with small modifications.

Yes, that's right.

Is  the plan to further improve gnunet-setup?

Yes. There's a problem with saving default values at the moment.
After that more frontends need to be added.

Also I wonder if it would be a good idea to have config files in XML format ?

We'd have to use some XML library to process it. That means more dependencies, which we try to avoid.

On the other hand
emacs/vi people would not probably like this...

Apache products already use it, so we wouldn't be the only ones...

But then it would be trivial to configure gnunet by
just using an xml editor.

A graphical frontend with help texts would be "trivial" ;-)

   Nils