[GNUnet-developers] OS-independent GUI, poor client-server messages

From: hwkks
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] OS-independent GUI, poor client-server messages
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 23:09:55 +0200

Hi list,
I just thought about writing an OS-independent GUI in Java (yes, I know, Java sucks), but then I saw that the client-server messages are very poor.

   * RETURN_VALUE
   * GET_STATISTICS
   * STATISTICS
   * TRAFFIC_QUERY
   * TRAFFIC_INFO
   * SHUTDOWN_REQUEST
   * GET_OPTION_REQUEST
   * GET_OPTION_REPLY

There seems to be no way to search, to download or to view current downloads. Are you planning to implement this soon?

The biggest disadvantage in GNUnet in my opinion is the lack of files which depends on the count of people who contribute to this net. But you will only get more people to this net when it is more user friendly. I like console-style but a lot of people think different and a GUI for all platforms could be a good solution. Hope you think similar.

Timo

PS: in case of errors: I'm sorry for my bad English :)