Re: [GNUnet-developers] Miscellaneous Ideas

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Miscellaneous Ideas
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 11:35:52 -0500

On Friday 26 March 2004 20:16, Alexander Winston wrote:
> I've put together a really short hodgepodge list of things that I would
> love to see in the future:
>
> * Complete GTK+ 2 or GNOME 2 interface (possibly something like eMule,
> aMule, or G2gui, though not a direct clone like those try to be)

What's wrong with gnunet-gtk?

> * Adoption of a URI format like the one described at
> <http://magnet-uri.sourceforge.net/magnet-draft-overview.txt> (could we
> even use Magnet URIs?)

I think the URI discussion we had last year resulted in better ideas, they
just need to be put into code yet...

> * "GNU-style" --help format (like ls --help, sha1sum --help, et al.)

I'm not sure I understand -- for me gnunetd --help looks rather similar to ls
--help (ok, we have fewer options ;-).  We're trying to stick to GNU
conventions, could you be more specific? (This is something that should be
trivial to fix).

> * Addition of eDonkey2000, Overnet, BitTorrent, DirectConnect, and
> FastTrack to the protocol comparison at
> <http://www.ovmj.org/GNUnet/faq.php3#compare>

I've extended the list a bit.  Let me know if you find any inaccuracies...