[GNUnet-developers] Miscellaneous Ideas

From: Alexander Winston
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] Miscellaneous Ideas
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 20:16:53 -0500

I've put together a really short hodgepodge list of things that I would
love to see in the future:

* Complete GTK+ 2 or GNOME 2 interface (possibly something like eMule,
aMule, or G2gui, though not a direct clone like those try to be)

* Adoption of a URI format like the one described at
<http://magnet-uri.sourceforge.net/magnet-draft-overview.txt> (could we
even use Magnet URIs?)

* "GNU-style" --help format (like ls --help, sha1sum --help, et al.)

* Addition of eDonkey2000, Overnet, BitTorrent, DirectConnect, and
FastTrack to the protocol comparison at
<http://www.ovmj.org/GNUnet/faq.php3#compare>

Hope this sparks some conversation or something. :)