[GNUnet-developers] download (too many open files -> crash)

From: Christian
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] download (too many open files -> crash)
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 01:01:40 +0900

Hi,

Obviously the limit of open file decsriptors allows a maximum of about 140 simultaneous downloads. When the maximum is reached and one marks several(maybe 20, 30 or more) additional files, gtk-gnunet hangs itself up by excessively creating popup messages.

see also:
http://gnunet.cryss.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=24

I propose (as a fix until the download manager is ready) a hardcoded limit of those downloads and prepared a proprietary patch. Since i also would like the files in the search window to stay after downloading them i changed that behaviour also. I am still not common to the code, so if there is be a better way to go around that problem i might try to supply another patch on your recommendation :)

The colors in download.c came very handy but wouldnt it be a good idea to have a few program wide pre-definitions of colors to use ? The maximum GNUNET_MAX_DNL is still in the sourcefile i think it should be in download.h but i couldnt figure out why the compiler didnt see it when i put it there.

 Chris