Re: [GNUnet-developers] Re: [Help-gnunet] trouble with cvs

From: Igor Wronsky
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Re: [Help-gnunet] trouble with cvs
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 00:57:32 +0200 (EET)

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Christian Grothoff wrote:

> CVS is for people who want to do development (which, btw means that by
> definition that they are insane :-), so they should have enough of a clue to
> install the latest autotools.

A typical gnunet release has a couple of problems more often
than not, so I don't wonder people going for the cvs version.
If the CVS is public, as it should be, the natural conclusion is
that the more advanced ppl will try it out, even though they
weren't living on the edge otherwise.

> Most of the current problems steam from the fact that the new gnunet-setup
> tool still needs some integration work and that libtool 1.5 causes some
> problems.

Speaking of problems, the 'waiting almost forever for the last
few kb' seems to persist. This single problem is enough to
make current gnunet look pretty bad. The efficiency modifications
some time back seem the most likely suspect to me.

Btw, in insertContent(), whats this supposed to achieve,

  if ( ( sender != NULL) &&
       ( randomi(2 + importance) == 0) ) {
    return SYSERR; /* don't bother... */
  }

? Yes, I can read what it does. Whats the reasoning?

Igor