Re: [GNUnet-developers] Searching and indexing

From: Nathan Lutchansky
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Searching and indexing
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2003 16:38:24 -0500

On Tue, Dec 31, 2002 at 03:43:13PM -0800, Tracy R Reed wrote:
> Can I specify a wildcard and
> be shown everything that can be found?

I'm afraid not.  GNUnet's file sharing encrypts all content using the
keywords as the encryption keys.  Even if you request all of the content
from a peer, you'd have no way of decrypting it.

I suppose the best way right now to search for content is by using common
keywords (like "mp3") or MIME types.

> Also, I am indexing a bunch of content but it is taking forever. My disk
> is screaming like mad. Are there any tips for increasing the speed at
> which things index?

Hm, I haven't noticed any significant performance problems...  Maybe your
system is tight on memory or hard drive space?  GNUnet needs a lot of
both to function well, although that's mostly an artifact of the
architecture.  -Nathan

--
Help filter spam!  PGP-sign your email.