gnue-dev

Re: [GNUe-dev] Savannah and CVS

From: Warren Turkal
Subject: Re: [GNUe-dev] Savannah and CVS
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 09:34:27 -0600

On Friday 12 December 2003 09:12 am, Jason Cater wrote:
> The disadvantages:
>
> * Someone will have to convert our tree over, maintaining its history. I
> can do this over the holidays if no one has done it before as I have 2
> weeks off at the end of the year.

There is a CVS migration script that comes with subversion.

> * CVS is fairly universal.  A lot of tools/platforms readily support it.
> Is this true of subversion? How is windows support?  Does anyone know of
> a read-only SUBVERSION-to-CVS gateway so we could still offer anonymous
> cvs checkouts?

There is good support on Windows. There is a normal client and one that plugs
into MSVC, I believe. On Linux, Cervisia can support it (though the Debian
one is compiled without support for it). I am sure there are other clients.
If you set it up with Webdav and Apache2, anything that can access a website
can access the repo.

wt
--
Warren Turkal