gnue-dev

Re: [GNUe-dev] Savannah and CVS

From: Jason Cater
Subject: Re: [GNUe-dev] Savannah and CVS
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 09:12:10 -0600

I would not mind going to a subversion system on ash.gnuenterprise.org.

The benefits:

* We can admin our own tree/server; so, when something goes wrong,
  the "buck stops here", as the quote goes.

* Subversions would be easier to maintain from what I understand.

The disadvantages:

* Someone will have to convert our tree over, maintaining its history. I
can do this over the holidays if no one has done it before as I have 2
weeks off at the end of the year.

* CVS is fairly universal.  A lot of tools/platforms readily support it.
Is this true of subversion? How is windows support?  Does anyone know of
a read-only SUBVERSION-to-CVS gateway so we could still offer anonymous
cvs checkouts?

What advantages does staying with subversions.gnu.org provide versus
moving to our own server?

-- Jason