gnue-dev

[GNUe-dev] Savannah and CVS

From: Jan Ischebeck
Subject: [GNUe-dev] Savannah and CVS
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 14:58:18 +0100

Hi,

as Savannah is down at the moment and development of GNUe shouldn't
stand still for too long, I want to ask you all about your opinions on
two issues:

1. Is everybody content with the cvs repository on subversions.gnu.org
or should we consider any other revision control system like subversion,
arch ...

2. Even if we don't decide to change, what could be a temporary
solution? (f.e. deciding to send patches to address@hidden would be a
way)

I'm not very content with CVS and would like to switch to something more
advanced. Having something like arch would IMHO the best solution, as it
would allow us to have a tree on savannah and on ash, which would stay
in sync automatically. Syncing two private tree with arch is easy too.
Nevertheless does the loss in time developing gnue itself caused by such
a change should be left unconsidered.

BUT now, after we have no chance to keep up anymore in terms of cvs
commit frequency (measured by the CIA daemon), I don't see any reason in
continue using CVS DOT

Jan :)

--
Jan Ischebeck <address@hidden>