Re: gnucap-models

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: Re: gnucap-models
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2022 13:57:47 +0200

On Mon, Apr 04, 2022 at 01:41:15PM +0200, karl@aspodata.se wrote:
> No, this is just some half-thought-trough code, aka. a bug. The result is
> undefined.

If it's a bug, then, don't we want to see the warning about it?

> We don't know if the author meant T3 or pParam->BSIM4ku0we. Since T3 is
> set tho zero before the fprintf(), it is probably the latter value
> which is wanted. But then, did they want the pParam->BSIM4ku0we value or
> pParam->BSIM4ku0we * sceff ?

I don't know, maybe there is another version of the file circulating on
the internet giving some ideas? Why is it worth the trouble?

> And since the README says the imported code is unaltered, the README
> has to be changed as well.

We could import new (versions of the) models instead. There is a branch
about this already, and potential future benefit. I just did not find
more time to work on it. There is also staged work on the spice wrapper,
making more model features available.

thanks
felix