Re: A different timestep issue

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: Re: A different timestep issue
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2021 13:15:25 +0200

On Fri, Oct 01, 2021 at 08:20:40PM -0400, al davis wrote:
> If you are seeing flat line segments in the plot when you expect a
> smooth curve, I recommend improving the plotter.  By default, gnucap
> time stepping is based on cubic splines.   You can change this by the
> option "trsteporder", which has the default value of 3, as in cubic.
> If you change  it to 1 (linear), gnucap will do extra steps to make for
> a better plot on simple plotters that use linear (order=1)
> interpolation.

Thanks, this is what I was looking for. There are now three bjt_pulse
tests, bjt_pulse{0,1,2}.net. The unmodified produces 16 data points,
adding a switch gives 20. With trsteporder=1 one gets 112, most likely
what a Qucs user would like to see.

Any of the above seems better than using the Points parameter. I wonder
if trsteporder=1 makes a good default setting in Gnucsator. For now,
please see gnucsator.rc, and customise.