Re: Assertion faileed

From: Dow Drake
Subject: Re: Assertion faileed
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 02:04:53 +0000

> If I understand correctly... the simulation does not show that the
> output voltage does not reach zero before .0012s. The plot is a bit
> misleading here, look at the data points (few).

Right, I expected the output voltage to reach zero when the input voltage
reached about 0.6-0.7 V (about 20 us before the input pulse reached zero)  I
originally used 1000 points for the transient simulation, which gives a
resolution of 1.4 us.  I just tried increasing to 5000 points, but it didn't
make any noticeable difference in either plot.

> The Gnucsator transient command wrapper ignores most arguments, and runs
> with automatic time steps. There was no need to change this yet.

That explains another difference between the qucsator and gnucsator
simulations, namely with qucsator, the input pulse reaches zero precisely at
the specified T2 value, while with gnucsator, it reaches zero 0.2 ms later;
this is more like ngspice, which specifies the pulse width rather than T1 and
T2 values.

> Some simulator options are global, and can be set in the .rc file or at the
> top of the input file, by hand. ".options trtol=1" etc. But fixed time
> stepping is an argument to the transient command.

Thanks -- that's good to know.  I'll also try your suggestion to capture the
exact time when the signal reaches zero.