[Gnucap-devel] test circuit .. can someone try this in Xyce (and commerc

From: al davis
Subject: [Gnucap-devel] test circuit .. can someone try this in Xyce (and commercial simulators)
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2017 15:44:31 -0400

I'm curious how other simulators do on this simple circuit:

* switch as negative resistance oscillator
SW1 1 0 1 0 SWITCH1
C1 1 0 1n
I1 0 1 100u
.MODEL SWITCH1 SW VT=2.5 VH=2.475 RON=1 ROFF=10MEG
.print tran V(1)
.tran 200e-6 uic

The last line (.tran ...) says to run the transient analysis for 200
us, and says nothing about time stepping.

It's part of the gnucap test suite.

It's a sawtooth oscillator using a voltage controlled switch.

Gnucap gives correct results, with default settings, and even with very
relaxed settings, but I have not yet seen any other simulator that
handles this circuit correctly without fine-tuning with settings, but I
haven't tried them all.

I can't get Xyce to complile for me, so can somebody else try it?

Also .. commercial simulators .. Spectre, HSpice, etc..