Re: [Gnucap-devel] parameter case sensitivity

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] parameter case sensitivity
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2016 14:48:42 +0100

On Fri, Nov 04, 2016 at 10:06:30PM -0400, al davis wrote:
> CP/M and early MS-DOS with FAT had this problem too.  I think FAT still
> has somewhat of a problem here.
>
> A lot of stuff uses std::map, which is internally sorted.  In
> insensitive mode, strings are converted to lower case prior to storage.

unlike an (existing) FAT, our maps could follow our own rules.

if we sort strings like this (alphabetic order over case)
Aa
aa
AB <=1
aB <=2
Ba
ba
BB
bB
instead of by ascii value
AB  <=1
Aa
BB
Ba
aB  <=2
aa
bB
ba
then, case insensitive bisection search works, as equal words are stored
close to each other.

i have implemented this as a specialized std::map with a custom less
implementation. will try to get this under u_parameter.h...

cheers
felix