Re: [Gnucap-devel] libtool?

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] libtool?
Date: Sun, 1 May 2016 03:42:17 -0400

On Mon, 11 Apr 2016 17:00:29 +0200
Felix Salfelder <address@hidden> wrote:
> see the libtool branch.

testing it, finally  ....

error in configure (all of them) ..
in test, "==" should be "=".
It doesn't work for me, after changing, it does.

It didn't work at first for me because I didn't have the "libtool-bin"
package installed.

I'm not sure I like the LIBTOOL_TRUE LIBTOOL_FALSE method of
switching.  Just generate one or the other?  Or maybe it is a good
idea, it enables editing of the generated file.

Since it looks like all libtool is doing is managing the version
numbers, I would like to see what it takes to just do it explicitly
without libtool.  I am not sure how main tracks the version.  It's
hidden.

Side note .. I see a script "gnucap" and an executable "gnucap.real" in
gnucap-uf.  It is simple and solves a known problem finding the right
library when installed (or not installed).