Re: [Gnucap-devel] faster queueing

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] faster queueing
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 12:06:41 -0500

On Wed, 24 Feb 2016 11:52:09 +0100
Felix Salfelder <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 09:07:48AM +0100, Felix Salfelder wrote:
> > indeed, in -uf there's a "precalc_last()" call after setup(cmd) in
> > s__init.cc... iirc due to some issues with temperature dependency. need
> > to recheck...
>
> fixed and backported the fix. see the precalc_last branch on savannah.

Do you have some test cases that demonstrate the problem, and that it
is fixed?

Doing a code walk-through ..  I see the problem, but this patch doesn't
fix it.  In some cases, temperature is handled in precalc_first().

I think a better change to the code is to not use the flags, but
instead move precalc_last() to always happen after setup().

Then also revisit the decisions about what is in precalc_first() vs
precalc_last().

From the wiki ...

The choice "by convention" is probably wrong.  It probably should be
that unless the calculations are needed before expand() and setup(), it
they should be in precalc_last().  A lot of devices need to change.