Re: [Gnucap-devel] gplot (was: wave storage)

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] gplot (was: wave storage)
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2014 00:50:27 +0200

Hi Abhinav

On Sun, Oct 05, 2014 at 03:46:51AM +0530, Abhinav singh wrote:
> The frozen command prompt indicates that WIN_MAIN::_is_proceed flag
> doesn't getting reset but it should get reset as soon as we click on
> New button.

this does not happen. the "new" button does not have any effect.
my guess is, that you actually want to declare it volatile.

if i do this, the line _is_proceed=true; in WIN_MAIN::WIN_MAIN breaks
the loop in do_it, and clicking on new is not required. (anyway, you
should use conditionals, c.f. the pthreads documentation,
pthread_cond_*).

> Please mention what changes you made if any may be it is because of
> that as it is working good on my system and can you please mail me the
> test circuit file you are using with plugin.

i have triple checked. i'm on the 'gui-more' branch which is on top of
AbhinavSing-WIP. it mostly fixes the build and the paths to the .glade
files (can you please merge this?). i'm pretty sure i didnt touch
anything relevant.

my test input is as simple as
"""
load ./plot.so
build
V1 1 0 sin amplitude=1

store tran v(nodes)
tran 0 1 1 trace=a
gplot tran v(1)
"""

(i get a plot window with one "tran" tab and a correct plot) the prompt
is frozen, but i think i know why. i am most interested in why the left
part of the plot window remains empty, and if this is intended. i could
not find anything in the code that looks related.

thanks
felix