[Gnucap-devel] Fwd: [Help-gnucap] inline comment delimiter

From: asomers
Subject: [Gnucap-devel] Fwd: [Help-gnucap] inline comment delimiter
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 16:31:45 -0700

Here's a thread that started out on gnucap-help:

What is the inline comment delimiter in gnucap, and what should it be?

According to the manual for V0.35, the delimiter is quote.  It doesn't
say whether that is single quote or double quote.

According to Al Davis, there are no inline comments in gnucap.

>From experiment, it seems that ' starts a comment on my lines, but "
starts a comment on a .SUBCKT line.  Here is an example script that
illustrates both types of quote:
*Comment test
*On a .SUBCKT line, it seems that " is a comment delimiter
*But elsewhere it seems that ' is a comment delimiter
.SUBCKT Foo 1 2 "(IN
*This next line will not work if you uncomment it
*.SUBCKT Bar 1 2 '(IN
.ENDS Foo
R  1 2 1000
D1 2 0 DIODE1 ' a comment
V1 1 0 dc 1 ac 0
.MODEL DIODE1 D(IS=8.2592e-16 RS=10) ' a comment
.op

-Alan Somers