Re: [Gnucap-devel] gcc 4.3.1 and gnucap 0.35: compile issues

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] gcc 4.3.1 and gnucap 0.35: compile issues
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 02:52:56 -0400

On Saturday 21 June 2008, Werner Hoch wrote:
> Hi Al,
>
> the compilation of gnucap 0.35 fails on openSUSE_11.0 distro.
>
> The reason is a missing include for <cstring>
>
> patch attached.

It needs the patch for Debian Unstable too  .. g++ 4.3.

It is already fixed, has been for a while in the development
version.

Apparently, something changed in the compiler's headers since
0.35 was released.

I have a correction ..

Just add #include <cstring>.

#include <string> is still needed on some systems.

<string> and <cstring> are completely different ..

<cstring> is for the old C-style string functions strchr, ...

<string> is for the C++ std::string class.

What should I call the patched version ..  0.35a ???

The development version is not ready for a stable release now.

al.