[Gnucap-devel] gnucap development snapshot 2008-01-30

From: al davis
Subject: [Gnucap-devel] gnucap development snapshot 2008-01-30
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 22:17:41 -0500

There is a new snapshot available ...
http://www.gnucap.org/devel/gnucap-2008-01-30.tar.gz

Models (optional) have also been updated:
http://www.gnucap.org/devel/gnucap-2008-01-30-models-bsim.tar.gz
http://www.gnucap.org/devel/gnucap-2008-01-30-models-ngspice17.tar.gz
http://www.gnucap.org/devel/gnucap-2008-01-30-models-spice3f5.tar.gz

Another optional package contains some tools:
http://www.gnucap.org/devel/gnucap-2008-01-30-tools.tar.gz

This snapshot provides:

1. Root circuit in Spectre or Verilog format. (in addition to
Spice format)

2. Command syntax in spectre format (when lang=spectre).  In
general, command syntax depends on the language.  Language
choices are: spice, acs, spectre, verilog.

3. Case sensitivity and units (SI or Spice) normally tracks the
language, but can be overridden.

As usual, to get started you need only the main package
gnucap-2008-01-30.tar.gz .  The other "models" packages contain
the exact models from the various sources.  If you need a jfet,
I recommend the one in "spice3f5".  If you need a BSIM model,
the obvious choice is the "bsim" package, which has all of
them.  The "ngspice17" package contains a few models not
available elsewhere, such as "vbic".

If you need others, let me know.  Others, such as Josephson
junction, are available, but I have not ported them yet.
Porting a Spice model usually requires two files, a "Makefile"
and a "wrapper.h", and no other changes.