Re: [Gnucap-devel] bug-report

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] bug-report
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 05:08:25 -0400

On Tuesday 05 June 2007 17:02, walter steffè wrote:
> Running gnucap 2007-03-29 on a linux platform and with the following
> input file I get a segmentation fault. The fault dissappear when I
> remove the last G elements (those referring to the subckt port named
> GWg1TM1).
>
> The file is:
>
>  #wr_lossyC
>
> .subckt  wr_lossyC Wg1TE1 Wg1TM1
>
> G20_Wg1TM1  20 0  Wg1TM1 0  2.91700e-03
>
> .ends  wr_lossyC
>

> X  Wg1TE1 wr_lossyC

Two problems here.  One is user error.  The other is a serious program
bug.

The user error is that you define the subckt with two connections, then
you call it with only one.

The serious program bug is that it crashes on this instead of giving a
proper error message.  It will be fixed.

Thanks for the bug report.  The error handling portion of the test suite
is not as well developed as it should be.  Reports of improper error
handling are very valuable.