Re: [Gnucap-devel] missing info in the models tarballs.

From: David Fang
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] missing info in the models tarballs.
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 20:57:28 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,
        Since we're on the subject of dynamic linking and plug-ins for
gnucap, I thought this link might be informative:

http://wiki.finkproject.org/index.php/Metapkg:dyld_and_the_Darwin_Linker

To avoid confusion, they reference the autotools' libtool as GNU libtool
(glibtool) to distinguish it from Apple's libtool program (not the same).

This makes an important distinction between compiling/linking a plug-in
vs. a shared-library.

David Fang
Computer Systems Laboratory
Electrical & Computer Engineering
Cornell University
http://www.csl.cornell.edu/~fang/
        -- (2400 baud? Netscape 3.0?? lynx??? No problem!)