Re: [Gnucap-devel] Verilog - was: Re: Use of M as suffix for Mega

From: jbdavid
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] Verilog - was: Re: Use of M as suffix for Mega
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 17:11:18 -0700 (PDT)

1. I'd strongly suggest perl or python as scripting languages for netlist
translation..
a friend of mine had once done a spice-spectre-Verilog-AMS netlist
translator that
used an internal XML table and XSLT transformations..
everything in to XML database, then out to whichever format you wanted..
I can ask him if he'd be willing to contribute that.

2. What is different about the cadence AMSDesigner is that the digital and
analog are VERY closely integrated..  you can use both digital and analog
constructs in the same module..
Pretty sweet.. I'd like the same capability in a free tool, so I'm willing
to help work on it..
In fact after working with spectre (which at least had case sensitivity)
I really want a simulator with Verilog syntax as the primary netlisting
language..
IE a Joint icarus/gnucap build..
(but the XML idea keeps sticking in the back of my head too..)
just tell me where the subversion code repository is and how to check out
the code..

Jonathan, not a cad guy, not a software guy either. David