[Gnucap-devel] New ideas

From: Gopala Krishna
Subject: [Gnucap-devel] New ideas
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 15:20:58 +0530

I have got a few ideas which might involve reworks.
1.  gnucap may start supporting xml i.e the netlists , model  files etc. may
be in xml format.
    I mean we should develop  XML format for netlists. This way we can
develop browser plugins for viewing or even executing gnucap netlist on fly.

2. We can split gnucap code to server-client architecture (socket based)
This can really encourage extremely rich clients both GUI and text(python
based) with excellent circuit query and data plotting facilities. Also this
can help us to optimize the server code for high efficiency  and at same
time provide rich client interface.
Python programmers can easily work on client side and at the same time c++
coders can work on major functionality of simulator.

My intention is to make gnucap very popular circuit simulator. To do this we
got to innovate. I don't say my idea is only way. But any way why dont we
try to add unique features to this robust software ? I am ready to work on
gnucap .
Please be free to give your opinions about my ideas.