Re: [Gnucap-devel] hspice level 49 and .lib/.param?

From: Al Davis
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] hspice level 49 and .lib/.param?
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 01:02:46 -0500

On Friday 11 November 2005 12:35 am, Dan McMahill wrote:
> anyone working on an Hspice level 49 MOS compatible model for
> gnucap?
>
> mosis, for example at:
>
> http://www.mosis.org/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/umosis/swp/params/tsmc-0
>18/t58f_mm_non_epi_thk-params.txt
>
> has level 49 models for various CMOS processes.

That is HSPICE specific.  I think it is just BSIM3 with a
different name,  Try level 7.

I plan to port the most recent BSIM3 soon.  You are not the only
one asking for it.  One of them even has money.

> I think there are actually some additional parameters that
> hspice will take which aren't included in that particular
> model in the URL.

It is easy to accept and ignore them, but it is unlikely that I
will be able to duplicate features from a proprietary
simulator.  Free/open-source models are more likely.

> And on a related note, are there any plans to implement the
> hspice ".lib" and ".param" statements?

I am working aggressively on that now.  It is harder in gnucap
because you can make arbitrary changes to the circuit
interactively.  In Spice, a simple preprocessor with text
substitution works.  The basic design of gnucap is to be
interactive, or let you play in a script.  It means that the
storage method of all internal variables must change, and a
mechanism for changing them later must exist.  The next
development snapshot will have some form of .param.
Eventually, it will be more powerful than what is in HSPICE.