Re: [gNewSense-users] Yeeloong users

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Yeeloong users
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2019 22:03:34 +0200

On 26/05/19 20:58, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi Sam,
> I still have a Yeelong and would be happy to use it with a new release
> of gnewsense.
> But I of course understand that you might have to make the decision to
> drop the support due to lacking resources.

Debian dropped support for the Yeeloong and the wider mipsel
architecture seems to be low on resources. I think that unless a mipsel
guru steps up it's unfeasible to keep support in gNewSense.

> Just out of curiosity and hope: When can one expect a new release of
> gnewsense (with or without mipsel)?

I've been pondering on the future of gNewSense for a while. I wonder
what you as users think about it. What do you expect from gNewSense? How
should it be different from other Debian (direct or indirect)
derivatives (Trisquel, PureOS, Devuan)? Where lies the balance between
differentiation and fragmentation (considering available resources)?

I'd like to hear your feedback.

Regards,
Sam