Re: [gNewSense-users] Kernel panic after start X + openbox

From: Duncan Chato
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Kernel panic after start X + openbox
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2016 14:45:35 +0200

Hi,

the problem with the kernel panic is solved.
After I removed openbox and installed fluxbox I had the same kernel panic, so the problem was not openbox but it was X what caused the problem.
"apt-get install --reinstall xorg"  solved the problem.

Hello,

After I manually start X with openbox as WM the OS crashes:
"Kernel panic - not syncing: Fatal exception in interrupt"

I made these photos of the screen :

https://static.afbeeldinguploaden.nl/1610/192694/FxhZlAd3.jpg

https://static.afbeeldinguploaden.nl/1610/192695/cxpWMZI3.jpg

This is what I did:

- Install GNewSense minimal (no GUI) (3.2.0-4gnewsense1-686-pae).
- # apt-get update && upgrade
- # apt-get install xorg
- # startx
- then xterm opened, as expected. So everything is fine this far.
- # apt-get install openbox
- # startx
- Kernel panic. Computer hangs, I have to manually reboot with powerbutton.

My system specs: (CPU, RAM, VGA, disk-partitions)
https://static.afbeeldinguploaden.nl/1610/192699/Utbki6lk.jpg

Is this a known issue? Or do I have to install an other kernelversion?
Any help is much appreciated. If you need more information, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
Duncan